The machine was bookmarked. The bookmarked machines can be called up under the menu item "My Farmers Weekly".
Tow and Blow NZ
Price on application
TN8 5RA Marsh Green, Edenbridge, UK
*Suitable as frost protection for vineyards and orchards*
We would like to introduce for sale a new method of frost protection developed in New Zealand. Vitifruit Equipment are now UK distributors of the Tow and Blow portable wind machine, working with the European distributors based in Germany.
Pulled by truck or tractor, the Tow and Blow can be placed in the most suitable location in a vineyard and once temperature parameters are set, can be left unattended overnight to turn on automatically as required.
The Tow and Blow works by capturing the heat rising from the soil and blowing it back into the vineyard, ensuring ground temperatures then are not cold enough for frost to form. The ability to angle the fan brings flexibility for vines grown on hilly areas.
- Fully portable
- Protects up to 5.5 ha
- 30 hp diesel engine
- Fuel usage 5l/hour
- Auto start and stop
- Can be left unattended overnight
- Safety feature meaning fan can only operate when the boom is locked in the raised position
- Fan can rotate and oscillate to cover a wide area
- The shrouded fan ensures airflow, velocity and volume are maximised
- No planning consent or installation required